vineri, 26 octombrie 2012

How facebook became a paid social platform

Hey, what happens with my page and fb. "friends"?
Facebook Promote: give us money or only 10% of your friends will see your posts.

Lately my fb. friends have been missing out new information posted on the platform, because fb. is strangling my feeds so that they don't appear on all of my fb. friends pages, all the time, like they used to.

Now it seems that they deliver posts to only 10-15% of them.

If I want to reach 100% of the people that I have in my own list I have to pay them. Not everybody that has an account on fb., just the ones I have in my personal list.

When they launched this new feature(promote) for testing, there was a lot of rumors. And now, some of that rumors turn out to be true.

At that time CNN grabbed a few interesting ideas:
What's the effect on my newsfeed?

- "I can't imagine why I would pay to promote my personal posts, most of which are about my cats or some.. pop punk band no one cares about";
- "It would probably be useful for politicians, business owners, and narcissists, but useless for everyone else".

2 comentarii:

Elena spunea...

:))) stii ce scrie pe prima pagina a fb-ului? "It's free and always will be". no shit!

Unknown spunea...

Hahahahaha. Nu știam! Genial!